Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Basic videos to teach view manipulation, commenting, etc...

michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
edited February 2018 in General
I have clients who do not have any modelling experience and I want to share my models with comment capabilities so they can give their input. I know how to do all this, but I would like to compile a few videos to teach someone with no experience how to be an effective communicator in Onshape

How to manipulate the view, use the view cube, switch to different view states, how to hide and show parts, add comments, basic difference between a part studio and assembly, how to measure, etc...

I want something quick and concise where they can learn how to use the program from a non-modeler perspective. I've had to explain how to turn the model and add a comment over the phone and it's preferable to just have some video links to send them instead.

Can you guys give me some suggestions? It would be optimal to have a single video or a few quick videos to send to them to get up to speed quickly

Comments

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Michael - not sure what you're asking.
    If you're asking whether such a video exists currently, it does not.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    I'm looking for videos, technical briefings, etc...

My client is an older man with a rudimentary knowledge in computers in general and I would like to teach him how to rotate the model and hide something and add a comment correctly and simple things like that. I need his input and I would like to be able to send him a few videos to get him up to speed on how to get his ideas and input to me through Onshape commenting. I would also prepare this same list of videos for any new clients to get them up to speed quickly without having to explain everything to them over a call.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Hi Micheal, I have some collaboration video's I made up for this purpose, I'll inbox you some links.

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    Hi Micheal, I have some collaboration video's I made up for this purpose, I'll inbox you some links.

That would be great! Thank you!