Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Animating a bicycle rider

dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
I need some help animating this bicycle rider.
It is a layout for a velomobile and I want to find out how much space I need inside the body.

Here's the link to the document, https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c30c53fad8c4f8cbd5c45d6d/w/58e2b72d3e35e13f4df71267/e/d8ba63d41c55a36e72e5842d
Thank's in advance

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @dirk_van_der_vaart

If you animate revolute 7 on this copy, it should look more like what you're looking for:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/432cdecf2090950a758a5ba8/w/17a850d75cc5a1f24cc7ce68/e/a32245981d4d6e4e640d75e2

I added reasonable limits to the knee and angle joints, and flipped the direction of revolute 7 (which required some other minor adjustments) so that the animation would go forwards rather than backwards.  I limited the ankles and knees to be reasonable for human movement, but not necessarily reasonable for bike riding, so you may want to pin down the ankles a little more to get the animation you are looking for.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 533 ✭✭✭
    Thanks @Jake_Rosenfeld

That was quick, it looks a lot better this way, I am going tweak the angles of the ankles a bit for a better bike rider movement.

Thank's again for the best support in the CAD market
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Looks great!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about throwing in a sketch-driven hand wave? ;)