Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Reduce clicks

Single click on parts to show all dimensions (sketch-dimensions, protrusion, instances etc) in order to make changes
Both in part studio and assemblies
Just like in Solid Works
Tagged:

Comments

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @claus_jeppesen817, two things. 
    1. This sounds more like an annoyance than an improvement. The vast majority of times that I (or most people) click on a part, I don't wan't to see it's dimensions.
    2. It doesn't work like that in SolidWorks. You have to double-click.
    I wouldn't mind replicating the actual SW behavior though - double-clicking a part in an assembly shows and allows editing of its dimensions.
  • brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited March 2018
    I would really love to double-click on a part in an assembly to bring up the underlying sketch and feature data and change existing dimensions on sketches and features parameters from the assembly without having to open the part studio. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • claus_jeppesen817claus_jeppesen817 Member Posts: 39 PRO
    mahir said:
    @claus_jeppesen817, two things. 
    1. This sounds more like an annoyance than an improvement. The vast majority of times that I (or most people) click on a part, I don't wan't to see it's dimensions.
    2. It doesn't work like that in SolidWorks. You have to double-click.
    I wouldn't mind replicating the actual SW behavior though - double-clicking a part in an assembly shows and allows editing of its dimensions.
    1. YMMW
    2. In Solid Works you can use single click to see dimensions in a part or assembly
  • claus_jeppesen817claus_jeppesen817 Member Posts: 39 PRO
    I would really love to double-click on a part in an assembly to bring up the underlying sketch and feature data and change existing dimensions on sketches and features parameters from the assembly without having to open the part studio. 
    Me to, but with single click
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    What I would like is double-clicking on a part in an assembly doing the same thing as double-clicking it in the feature tree.
    It would open the part studio in-context.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100