Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I can't see the chamfer command in sketch environment. Is there anything that can replace it ?

phamtomlanguephamtomlangue Member Posts: 2 EDU
edited March 2018 in Community Support
Hi!! I want to find chamfer command to help my work easier, but  i can't see it

Answers

• Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    There is no chamfer sketch command.  Generally it is best practice to add fillets and chamfers later on solids.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    phamtomlanguephamtomlangue Member Posts: 2 EDU
    There is no chamfer sketch command.  Generally it is best practice to add fillets and chamfers later on solids.
    Thank you :smiley:

• Options
    emmett_weeksemmett_weeks Onshape Employees Posts: 29
    To add onto this, the sketcher only knows about geometry and constraints, so it doesn't really have any knowledge of what fillets or chamfers are, so when the sketch fillet tool is used, it creates a dumb arc with tangent constraints. This means that if there are upstream features change, that arc might update in a way that a fillet would not since sketch arcs can turn 'inside out' while fillets cannot.
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Fastest way I see is just sketch a long line through the corner, then press "m" and trim the line segments.

• Options
    rod_muirhead943rod_muirhead943 Member Posts: 94 EDU
    I miss several sketch features from Inventor in Onshape.  
  • Options
    parviz_aghayarov072parviz_aghayarov072 Member Posts: 7 EDU
    hi guys bets method for chamfer use offset and x combination)