Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Custom beams feature

leo_timmermansleo_timmermans Member Posts: 8
Hello,

I'm trying to make some custom beams and this went quite well, but now I'm trying to make a custom beam for a roofplate. I followed the same procedure but it doesn't work. When I use the sketch and do a sweep, it works ok. I don't know what I'm doing wrong ??? Is it too big ?

Document
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2eaac7afebe483107185ca4f/w/ac6d68c84d8b5a1216b331d2/e/44fd9cfb6d63c3b36229bedb

Tkx for your help
Leo
Tagged:

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    edited April 2018
    Hi @leo_timmermans !

A couple things:

The link you posted doesn't really have anything in it! Did you edit it after posting this? A good rule of thumb is to paste a link to a version of a document, rather than the live document, so that you know whoever is opening it will see exactly what you want them to see.  Did you add a custom beam profile? If so, what is it's name?

If you're having trouble with custom beam profiles, maybe @NeilCooke or the end of this video can help:
    https://www.onshape.com/videos/creating-weldments-06-13-16
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Thanks Neil!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • leo_timmermansleo_timmermans Member Posts: 8
    OK, it works now, my mistake, had to make another entry in my beams profiles. Completely happy now :smiley:

OK, it works now, my mistake, had to make another entry in my beams profiles. Completely happy now :smiley:
    Tkx for the help !

Best wishes,
    Leo