Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Make the tutorials have a tool tip showing what keys are press and explain everything in the process

sean_parkinsonsean_parkinson Member Posts: 3 EDU
For the last week, I have struggled with the tutorials onshape offers, they are completely useless to someone who is extremely new to onshape. The goal of onshape's beginner tutorial is to explain it as quick as possible with little to no explanation of what is happening. This makes it nearly impossible to keep up with whats going on. It would help if there was a simple tooltip in every tutorial so you could see what key was being pressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAuh_gQofJA
This video shows a triangle being changed with the dimension tool by an angle, with it having no explanation of how he was able to change it via an angle. After googling a little, and figuring out how to change it via an angle, I simply now get a "Sketch could not be solved" error.

https://www.onshape.com/cad-blog/tech-tip-creating-a-thread
This video shows a triangle being used to make the thread pattern, but again, with no explanation of what is happening, after trying to replicate this, I simply got a red thread that when you click the okay button, the thread would disappear.

I know I sound a little bit salty and annoyed, but I'm pretty tired at the time of writing this and really annoyed about the total lack of explanation. Please fix this.

Tagged:

Comments