Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in General
Interested in helping Onshape test upcoming features and improvements? Want an early glimpse of what's coming next from Onshape? Our team is looking for people of all CAD skill levels to participate in usability testing, from beginners to experts with many years of experience. A typical test takes only an hour and you don’t need to prepare anything ahead of time. It's a great opportunity to see what we're working on and talk further with our design and development teams about your use cases.

To sign up, fill out this quick survey and we’ll be in touch soon to schedule a test.

And if you want to learn more, check out our recent blog post about how and why we do usability testing.
Abe Feldman
UX/PD/Community Support

Comments

• MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    edited March 2018
    @abefeldman
    How would I state my time zone?
    would I say "AEST"?

EDIT: Don't worry, I just said AEST
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    For anyone who hasn't done one of these yet I really recommend it. There's no pressure, you get to meet a bunch of the onshape folks, you get to see the new toys, and perhaps have some influence over how features are coded.  :)

Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @mbartlett21 - any format is fine. Google unfortunately didn't have a timezone library, so if we don't recognize it we'll search or email you to verify. Thanks everyone who signed up!

Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • StephenGStephenG Member Posts: 367 ✭✭✭
    @abefeldman

Signed up to participate in usability testing back in March. Haven't heard anything. Status?
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    StephenG said:
    @abefeldman

Signed up to participate in usability testing back in March. Haven't heard anything. Status?
    So did I.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @StephenG @mbartlett21 - Thanks for signing up! We had a huge number of people agree to participate and have been slowly working through the list. Your time will come, I promise!
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    Here's a usability question that I CANNOT understand regarding mate limits.

https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9359/mate-limits-question#latest