Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Work With Bend Deduction / Bend Allowence in Sheet Metal?

hobie_smithhobie_smith Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
Hello, is there a way to work bending with bending allowance and bending deduction instead of using K Factor?
 We have bending tables for all tools, materials and sheet thicknesses. So it can be bent to 0.1mm tolerance.
With the K factor, this is only an approximation and more suitable for locksmiths.

Google is responsible for the bad translation ;)

Gruß Hobie
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• hobie_smithhobie_smith Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    OK, danke schön.
    Ich hoffe diese Funktion ist bald verfügbar.
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @hobie_smith
    I have made a custom feature here that does what you want.
    Please give feedback.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
    @mbartlett21

Can you send me the feature?
    @mbartlett21

Hello, I do not quite understand how the deduction is calculated. We, our machines and software calculate so: Outside dimensions + outside dimensions - deduction. I give here for example 1.66 for a sheet with a thickness of 0.95mm, I can not get the result as if I count it in the calculator. As the value increases, the stretched length would need to be shorter, not longer.
    edited June 2018
    @mbartlett21

Hello, I do not quite understand how the deduction is calculated. We, our machines and software calculate so: Outside dimensions + outside dimensions - deduction. I give here for example 1.66 for a sheet with a thickness of 0.95mm, I can not get the result as if I count it in the calculator. As the value increases, the stretched length would need to be shorter, not longer.
    @hobie_smith
     Sorry, I have the bend deduction calculated wrong :-(
    The bend allowance should work fine though.

EDIT: Now fixed: Please update to version 6.1
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
    Thank you! 
    Hello, how is the bend deduction converted to a 45 degree angle or a 135 degree angle?
    edited June 2018
    It just calculates the k factor from the bend allowance or bend deduction and uses that, making it work fine as you would expect
    IR for AS/NZS 1100