Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Multiple Declaration Warning

mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
I resumed working on a FS I started a while back, and all of a sudden I'm getting a bunch of strange "multiple declaration" messages in the precondition attached to bound specs. As far as I can tell, there are no duplicate declarations. It's akin to getting flagged for having more than one integer variable, even though they have different names.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b31fa08a0fb478e2ec21edc4/w/97c384646af3940a5d60dc28/e/d4f313528a2e81f86b81914b

Best Answers

Answers

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    seems like you imported multiple tabs which possibly both include imports of those types and constants
    I thought it might have something to do with the import, but the errors remain even if I remove the imported FS.

Edit: Nope, I stand corrected. Removing the import fixes that particular error. How can I import someone else's FS without repeating their geometry.FS import?
    Duh  :s Yeah, that works. Although, I'd prefer to control my own imports and not be at the mercy or someone else's imports. Also, what if I had to import multiple custom FS? There should be a way to account for redundant imports, no?
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mahir said:
    There should be a way to account for redundant imports, no?
    it should be ok untill those imports doesn't export their imports :D. we should ask @mbartlett21 for his reason to export geometry.fs
    @mbartlett21, I'm finally getting back to the 3D Point FS we discussed a while back and am planning to use your opBoolean FS for intersections as you suggested. Can you unexport your geometry.fs import so opBoolean works better as a reference library FS?
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can also use my Point on path snippet for your ALONG_CURVE option

you can also use my Point on path snippet for your ALONG_CURVE option

Nice. Thanks :#
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    mahir said:
    There should be a way to account for redundant imports, no?
    it should be ok untill those imports doesn't export their imports :D. we should ask @mbartlett21 for his reason to export geometry.fs
    @konstantin_shiriazdanov
    @mahir

It was for some enums that I used (BooleanOperationType and TopologyMatchType).

It should be fixed now (Please update to V2.1)
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100