Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Linear pattern

brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
Having created three linear patterns,I need to make slight adjustments in context to the copies. Can anyone say if this can be done without effecting the original. I have selected new when creating the patterns but trying to make adjustments to the copies reflects in the original. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you Brian.

Best Answers

• brian_pinder662brian_pinder662 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I would like to thank everyone for the help given,
    All the best Brian

Answers

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @brian_pinder662

It would be easier to diagnose the problem if post the URL to your document.  It's possible that all the instances in your assembly are referencing the original rather than the copies.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    Would post URL willingly if I new how, something I am not familiar with thanks for your advice.
    Is it possible to cancel the associativity between the copied instances and the original. To be able to make adjustments to the copies  without them reflecting in the original. Thanks Brian
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1ac8b7a7ef3f5ab5fd9e36ba/w/25c6d985e52a5e282f7cd05b/e/4a84473fb9190a5f396f1114
    Here is the URL for the Assembly, The Helical Handrail At the start of the 2nd flight is the original, directly above are the copied patterns which as you see the handrail I would like to adjust without any alteration to the original. You will no doubt see other discrepancies which I would like to discuss sometime later. Thanks for your patience.      Brian

Answer ✓
    I would like to thank everyone for the help given,
    All the best Brian