Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Creat a surface cover

Kai_himselfKai_himself Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
Hey People,
i got a question, i need for a CFD simulation a very simple geometry, mostly out of surface with no wall thickness.
It is very easy to extrude a pipe with no thickness, only a surface as the wall.
I also made the cover, as a surface, i creat two lines an rotate the first one around the other.
I got two screenshots with the two covers, the first as volume an the other one as a cover.
Now my question, is there a "better" way to design a geometry with no wall thickness, like a rectangle or a triangle ?

Greetz Kai

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,371
    Yes! An enclosed sketch is a face (shaded). Create your sketch, then create a zero- offset surface.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Kai_himselfKai_himself Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    thank you very much !
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @NeilCooke

I did not know that.  Excellent tip!  
    www.accuratepattern.com