Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Configuration in drawings

franco_otaolafranco_otaola Member Posts: 23
hello,

i am trying to put the "configuration" in the drawing so i have the different dimenssions in each drawing and at the same time i know witch one it is....
like in a text balloon (note) i would like to put the name of the imput list of the configuration i had chosen and a variable that is in the configuration.
(also if i can use the variable values in the part studio to put it in the table)

thanks

Best Answer

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,894 PRO
    Answer ✓
    You can right click a view and "change configuration" at any time, and all the projected views will also update.

If you want a note with the config name, you can set the config name in the configured part properties to an unused part property (Title 1 in my case)

Then in drawings insert a note and set it like this:

No way to show the variable values yet unfortunately...
    unless you have a bunch of open properties and you use a BOM to create the table, showing only the properties with variables... or you mash your variables into one open property separated by spaces or something... then you can use the above tactic as well...

Answers

Answer ✓
    You can right click a view and "change configuration" at any time, and all the projected views will also update.

If you want a note with the config name, you can set the config name in the configured part properties to an unused part property (Title 1 in my case)

Then in drawings insert a note and set it like this:

No way to show the variable values yet unfortunately...
    unless you have a bunch of open properties and you use a BOM to create the table, showing only the properties with variables... or you mash your variables into one open property separated by spaces or something... then you can use the above tactic as well...
  • franco_otaolafranco_otaola Member Posts: 23
    thanks!!
    Welcome  :)