Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Aligning a work plane with the front plane in part studio

paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
How do I align a work plane with the front plane so when I do a drawing all my views are normal?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8d9f5c0e2c4a57afce0fba09/w/997f4032f21955ab97fa26ee/e/fad3e35d54ac0989206a4caf

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,353
    I think you are asking how to set up a view in the drawing? If so, create a Named View in your model to represent the "front view" and use that named view in the drawing.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    That could work but is there a way to align the work plane to the front plane. I need my parts aligned with the front plane the same way my work plane is aligned.. I am guessing I shouls have sketched it that way bt making my polygon concident to this point.
  • paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    I got it. I just had to edit my sketch and add a constraint.