Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Placement of part in assembly studio

Iraj_GivechiIraj_Givechi Member Posts: 5 PRO
Hi Guys

I am quite new in Onshape and would appreciate some help here. My part in assembly studio are not in center according to the origin, how can i undo this in assembly mode. Any specific tutorial?

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    Hi @Iraj_Givechi - when you first insert a part into an assembly, rather than placing it with your cursor, just click the green check mark on the insert dialog and it will be placed in the same location it is in the part studio. It can then be fixed. To place it after insertion, it might be more tricky depending upon whether there is any geometry to reference. One option would be to create a mate connector at the origin in the part and one at the origin in the assembly, then use those.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Iraj_GivechiIraj_Givechi Member Posts: 5 PRO
    Thank you for your support NeilCooke.