Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why am I seeing training that I can't access, as a free user???

OLDCADGUYOLDCADGUY Member Posts: 5
edited August 2018 in Community Support
Why am I seeing training that I can't access, as a free user in the learning  center???

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi.

As I understand it the basics are open to everybody, and then the further learning is for subscribers.  So my answer would probably be:-

To encourage you to subscribe?
    To make it easier to write the website?

When it started it was all for paid users only so it has been opened up to a degree.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    edited August 2018

The 12 fundamental self-paced courses are open to any Onshape user, as well as any technical briefing. There are a handful of courses that are available for customers and EDU accounts only, as @owen_sparks said to encourage subscribers and give some additional benefits to becoming an Onshape customer.

With that being said, we really want people to learn Onshape, and we are not trying to block that. @OLDCADGUY please reach out to training@onshape.com for your specific needs and we will see what we can do.