Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Coincident showing as Horizontal. Is there s problem with "show constraints" or have I just lost it?

magnus_hammarmagnus_hammar Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
Something weird is happening to me when editing constraints.  It seem to me that the displayed symbol sometimes is wrong. Here I have a "horizontal" constraint that clearly behaves as a coincident constraint. I cannot see that I am doing something wrong... or?

Best Answers

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Answer ✓
    @magnus_hammar

Maybe share the URL to your doc here?
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9107/forum-post-checklist

It sort of looks like you have a horizontal constraint between the point ant the horizontal line, which would keep the point in horizontal alignment to the horizontal line, which, yes, acts as a de facto coincident constraint.  Maybe you're looking to put the horizontal constraint on the angled line? Not sure what the intent is here.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team

Answers

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Answer ✓
    @magnus_hammar

Maybe share the URL to your doc here?
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9107/forum-post-checklist

It sort of looks like you have a horizontal constraint between the point ant the horizontal line, which would keep the point in horizontal alignment to the horizontal line, which, yes, acts as a de facto coincident constraint.  Maybe you're looking to put the horizontal constraint on the angled line? Not sure what the intent is here.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • magnus_hammarmagnus_hammar Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Yes of course *smacks forehead*. I will go to bed now and forget that I asked :blush:

/Thanks
  • magnus_hammarmagnus_hammar Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    Note that the icon is blue, not white, indicating a constraint to something outside the sketch.
    Awesome I didn't know that. The origin was out of view and it never crossed my mind that I might have a relation all the way over there. I have used SolidWorks from version 98 and I am just starting to test Onshape so sometimes. It's great so far but sometimes I trip on the differences. The only big thing I miss is Assembly Configurations. On the flip side Onshape have done so many things right. The day I can forget about SW EPDM will be a blessing.

/Thanks