Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

the early wish list

jeremy_luchinijeremy_luchini Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
Dashboard preferences:
- When opening up a file, new tab option (so dashboard always available in my browser for quick reference, not replaced or forcing me to back out of the part design to see it again)
- Preview images of all documents vs. list of names ....just makes it more engaging when logging on for the first time.
- Folders or somehow to organize a project

Collaboration:
- Share - pick from easy headshots of the community, or team....vs. typing in emails
- realtime collab/editing. session experience. As I navigate/design....others can view/edit live as well (removing the gotomeeting bottleneck)

Viewing modes:
- Shaded, Hidden Lines, Perspective, Dimensions

Sketching:
- 3Dsketching feature

Modeling features:
- Materials
- Inserting components, icons of all my parts (matches what shows up in my dashboard) - vs. copy to clipboard
- Assembly patterns

Down the line:
- embedded HTML, Drawings, Sheet Metal, Surfacing, Realtime Rendering, Animation, CAM, FEA

Peripherals:
- 3Dconnexion controller, Wacom tablet

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jluchini‌ I will parse through these requests and get tickets written against this. Many of these have been requested, others have not. Good list! Keep them coming!
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • jon_hirschtickjon_hirschtick Onshape Employees Posts: 91
    Nice list Jeremy -- thanks!

Re: your first item: To open an Onshape Document in a new tab use (in Chrome on Mac) Command+Click. I know there is an equivalent on Windows...maybe CTRL+Click.

Any models you can share with me?
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited October 2014
    @jluchini‌ I have added your tickets... btw, you can see dimensions for any feature by right clicking and selecting "Show dimensions" or double clicking on th feature in the graphics area. Not the same as show all but get you some info. Perspective view can be toggled here:

There are also some early stages of surfacing.. not where it needs to be but we are working on that!
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.