Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Twirly time end chime

bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
My old eyes need frequent rest periods.  I would welcome an option for a pleasant chime which would sound when a twirly (spinner) interval ended.  Whenever a spinner appeared, I could close my eyes while waiting for the chime to sound.

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @bill_daniels I am going to guess you would rather have no spinner right?  Sorry no chimes are in the immediate plan.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • bill_danielsbill_daniels Member Posts: 277 ✭✭✭
    Lou, I know you and your team are doing everything possible to improves performance and I hugely appreciate that - but you're in a race with guys like me who keep creating ever bigger documents.  I suspect that there will always be documents so large spinners are an issue.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi folks.

I'd like to propose a compromise.

I too have looked away whilst a spinner is active and not realised, even when glancing back, that it's finished. Primarily because the absence of something isn't really a confirmation of anything, that is to say my mind doesn't register the lack of a spinner as a trigger to a ready response.

So how about a green border around the screen to show regeneration complete? This could immediately fade away if the mouse is moved or a key is pressed. Not on trivial rebuilds, but if the spinner is active for more than two seconds then throw the border when it goes away.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I would also like to see this in toolbar if window is not active
    //rami