Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

"Operation cannot be completed as it would modify a saved version"

Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
I'm getting this message when I try to move parts/assemblies using "move to new sub assembly" command.

Anyone know why?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Guess I found a "fix"

I was selecting via a window and encompassing assemblies to add to the new sub-assembly. 

When I manually selected each assemblies and parts in the instance tree window I was able to move what I wanted to the new sub-assembly.  

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Guess I found a "fix"

I was selecting via a window and encompassing assemblies to add to the new sub-assembly. 

When I manually selected each assemblies and parts in the instance tree window I was able to move what I wanted to the new sub-assembly.  
  • Options
    Benjamin_DellalBenjamin_Dellal Member Posts: 8 PRO
    @Tony_C_
    I have the same problem, could you explain your fix? I am trying to move parts in the assembly tree but get this message.
  • Options
    raj_Onshaperaj_Onshape Onshape Employees Posts: 106
    @Tony_C_
    I have the same problem, could you explain your fix? I am trying to move parts in the assembly tree but get this message.
    I suspect you might be trying to move a subassembly child instance and the subassembly is from a specific version of a document. You might have to open the subassembly in question in its own window and do the move operation there
  • Options
    @Tony_C_
    Are you selecting the only the assembly and parts in the tree?  You just need to manual click on the assembly and not the parts within the assembly.