Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Show Obround Dimensions in drawing

AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
There must be a simple way of doing this.  Can someone please explain how you show the dimensions of a obround in a drawing?
I can't find a way to select from the two longest points. I can call it out as shown but still need to easily show its position from the outside.

Tagged:

Comments

• AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    There also does not look like a way to measure from the center of the obround
  • pmdpmd Member, Developers Posts: 63 PRO
    Snapping to quad points is disabled during initial dimensioning but you can pick up the end of the dimension point and move it afterwards. Shift-q will toggle snapping to quad points.

More in the help here:
    https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/drawings-dimensions.htm?Highlight=tangent point

• AuroraRonAuroraRon Member Posts: 120 PRO
    That's GOLD! Pure Gold.   Thank you.  This kind of stuff is embarrassing ;-)
    I'd remove my post but maybe it will help others lol

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Not that embarrasing, Onshape decided to hide quad snapping. Not many would know it was only available in a keyboard shortcut unless they are told, or they spend a long time looking for on option before finally seeing it in the keyboard shortcut list. I first saw it in an Onshape Youtube video. Can't remember why they decided to make it hidden, but maybe they should give us Osnap options in preferences or something..