Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Printing parts/assemblies now prints the whole webpage, not just the window.

Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
Something has changed.

This is my print preview. 

It's printing the entire page and not just the window selected. 

The drawings print as normal, it's just the part/assembly studios that are doing this now. 

Tagged:

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Working OK for me, but I'm on Mac - is Chrome up to date? I don't know if it has anything to do with printer drivers or not?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Tony_C_Tony_C_ Member Posts: 272 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    Working OK for me, but I'm on Mac - is Chrome up to date? I don't know if it has anything to do with printer drivers or not?
    Chrome is up to date. Tried switching printers, still the same.  Tried different docs, still the same. 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Looks like you'll have to open a ticket, Tony. Just tried it on a Windows 10 machine with Chrome, Firefox and Edge and it was fine.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Tony_C_

Are you using Ctrl-P or the "Print..." option from the top left corner hamburger menu?  Both seem to be working for me, but maybe you'll have better luck with the explicit print button.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    @Tony_C_

Are you using Ctrl-P or the "Print..." option from the top left corner hamburger menu?  Both seem to be working for me, but maybe you'll have better luck with the explicit print button.
    Just tried that and yes, I get 2 different results.  When using the hamburger menu it does that is pictured above. If I use ctr+p it acts like it used to, without the rest of the OS webpage.
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Tony_C_

Please contact support about this.  It is definitely a bug and contacting them will give us a more direct channel to narrow down whether it has to do with Operating System/specific computer/browser/something else.  Thank you.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
    @Tony_C_

Please contact support about this.  It is definitely a bug and contacting them will give us a more direct channel to narrow down whether it has to do with Operating System/specific computer/browser/something else.  Thank you.
    I did and linked them to this thread. 
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    We resolved this down to a bug with Chromium.  For anyone else that see's the behavior that @Tony_C_ had, please update Chrome to the latest version. The latest version has the bug fix.  
  • paul_chastellpaul_chastell Onshape Employees Posts: 124
    Thanks @PeteYodis. Had exactly this issue on my Chromebook and updating indeed fixed it.

Paul Chastell
    TVP, Onshape R&D