Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Project from other plane

Jason_HoltJason_Holt Member Posts: 4 PRO
I've been in this situation several times:

I draw a sketch on plane A.  Then I make plane B that's tilted from plane A.  I draw a sketch on plane B and I want it centered directly above (normal) to plane A.  If I "use" the sketch from plane A, it'll project it along the normal for plane B, not plane A.  The only way I can find to project from plane A is to extrude it and then intersect.  Could we have a "project from source plane" feature instead?

Comments

• Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    edited December 2018
    What's the desired end goal you are trying to accomplish? Do you have any screenshots of what you are aiming to do? Maybe also sharing a document link so we can take a look as well. Whenever I am trying to do something like create a bracket with an offset or angle to it I will do an extrude intersect as my final action to get the result I'm looking for.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln