Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is it possible that Onshape can develope an APP for computers?

chen_daichen_dai Member Posts: 2 EDU
I am recently expose to OnShape mobile app on iPad and the experience is fantastic. It is much smoother on my iPad compared to my 64G RAM 8G graphic card laptop under the same wifi. Is this caused by the app because there is no browser limiting the speed?

Comments

• mthiesmeyermthiesmeyer Onshape Employees Posts: 115
    Hi @chen_dai,

Can you please go to https://cad.onshape.com/check and post the results of your Compatibility check here? It's possible that the browser you are using on your laptop is not utilizing your discrete graphics card or you could be having a driver issue.

Best,

Mike
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited January 2019
    if your laptop has a discrete graphics card (such as nVidia) you can check the setting @mthiesmeyer is talking about here:

set global settings for your browser (in my case chrome) to use the nVidia card instead of the intel chip.
    I'm not showing nVidia on mine because I'm on my desktop and there is only one option for me :)

After you set those settings. Close and re-open your browser.

then do the system check again. you should see your discrete card there under "Renderer"