Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketching a circular pattern

ChuckKeyChuckKey Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
I am having button trouble. I can't fathom out how to simply accept the origin default for the centre of the pattern. They always end up not fully defined.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    ChuckKeyChuckKey Member Posts: 43 ✭✭✭
    I found it easiest to drag the centre off the origing and then put it back again. I still think it strange and far from intuitive.
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    It was positioned on the origin because  the geometry made it so. The assignment was made by dragging. Seems like a dialog box with some help would be beneficial but all sketch actions need to be learned. Mirror requires a pre-select of a mirroring object/ then selection of the mirrored items which also threw me at first, but now I know.

As far as interfaces go, when learning, it's nice to have the hints. But after you learn them, these get in the way. It's hard to say I don't want the help when learning. But, I do want the speed after learning. Probably more the speed then hints.

I do like the speed once I've learned. The sketch circle pattern seems to be the worse of the lot. 

There's no answer here, just a little sympathy.