Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

STL Hide Components

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
I've imported a bed in STL format and I see that I'm able to individually select different components

In the first image, I've selected a blanket that lies over the bed

In the second image, I've selected a pillow and the douvet cover

Is there any way to hide individual components, since I'm able to select them?

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Do they show as different parts in the parts list? If so, then yes you can. You can also try pressing Y on your keyboard when a part is selected. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    NeilCooke said:
    Do they show as different parts in the parts list? If so, then yes you can. You can also try pressing Y on your keyboard when a part is selected. 
    No, just shows as 1 part and when I press Y it hides the whole mesh;)
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @famadorian

Chances are that what you are selecting are different mesh faces rather than different mesh parts.  The whole thing is one part with many (possibly disjoint) faces.  If you look around the back of the pillow, or under the blanket, is she mesh continued smoothly into the headboard, or does it actually appear two be two different meshes floating close to each other?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team