Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Bill Of Materials and Pricing

derek_stonederek_stone Member Posts: 4
Is there a way to input costs of material and have the BOM function display the total cost of producing an assembly?  For example, if I have a piece of steel that costs $2.00 per foot and the assembly uses 25 feet of that material, will Onshape display the material type and the material cost of $50.00? 

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Use the OpenBOM app

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • derek_stonederek_stone Member Posts: 4
    Thank you. I found OpenBOM after I posted the question.  Now to learn how to efficiently implement the app.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Should you care to vote there is an improvement request here to add such a function to the native BOM.
    Cheers, Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd