Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Merging Parts

ann_daviesann_davies Member Posts: 3
I am trying to create an assembly of our robot for FTC. The macanum wheel file from AndyMark imports as multiple and I can not seem to merge them. Any help is appreciated.

https://www.andymark.com/products/4-in-hd-mecanum-wheel-set-options 
8 mm

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @ann_davies

Could you upload the file to a public Onshape document, and post the document link here?
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,894 PRO
    edited February 2019
    you will need to overlap parts with a move face so they intersect at least once. before doing a boolean union

Also double check they are solid parts and not surfaces.
  • justin_36justin_36 Member Posts: 23 EDU
    Aloha-

I haven't checked the forums in a while, so didn't see this till now. If you need general help for FIRST and Onshape, let me know. Our FTC and FRC teams have been using it for many seasons. We have many students who are solid in their CAD skills.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy to connect in the off-season too.

-Justin

Team mentor
  • derek_wardderek_ward Member Posts: 63 EDU
    edited March 2019
    Import as an assembly, then select all parts/subassemblies and then use the group feature. 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a1fbe6d84f1205aaaf571a80/w/ed4b78ee0424d0ab7d7a33b2/e/f320c54702c4159bcf9510fb