Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a default for degree dimensions.

gerald_comeaugerald_comeau Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
I am doing the steel rim exercise in self paced courses.  One step in the exercise requires an angle of 30 degrees in a circle. Using the dimensions tool I was unable I was unable to get a 30 degree reading by entering the the number 30 in the space shown.  By trail and error I came upon the idea of entering "30 degrees" in the space provided with the dimension tool. 
Here is a link to an image showing what I ended up with  https://cad.onshape.com/documents/bcb959307f1ecd7ebd253531/w/3093cabc90ee1c93f7bcc076/m/9dc6d2420385c6887139efe9/e/2e765a7eb33c054d5f1c9d0f

I believe I got the 30 degree angle but it is written as 0.524 radian. I find that a little awkward. Illustrations of angle measurements show angle in degrees with the degree symbol. Is there some way I can get the angle reading shown as 30 (with the degree symbol)

I also tried to save versions but could can get only the initial image to show. I don't know if this is any good but here is the link anyway. 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/bcb959307f1ecd7ebd253531/w/3093cabc90ee1c93f7bcc076/e/2e765a7eb33c054d5f1c9d0f 
I sent it to clipboard but don't know where to find my clipboard. 

Best Answer

Answers

• gerald_comeaugerald_comeau Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Thanks, I don't know how I could have missed it. I looked in my preferences and everything is OK there. 
  • manish_kashyap072manish_kashyap072 Member Posts: 2
    NeilCooke said:
    The units of your document are mm/rads/kg.  You can set the units of the current doc from the “hamburger” menu top left (3 bars). Change the units to degrees and everything will be OK. Also check your default units - click on “my account” under your picture top right, then look in preferences. 
    Thanks. I'm not familiar with everything here yet, so i'll depend on your help. Sorry for any inconvenience i cause in future. 
  • irvin_pateirvin_pate Member Posts: 9
    NeilCooke said:
    The units of your document are mm/rads/kg.  You can set the units of the current doc from the “hamburger” menu top left (3 bars). Change the units to degrees and everything will be OK. Also check your default units - click on “my account” under your picture top right, then look in preferences. 
    Thanks. I'm not familiar with everything here yet, so i'll depend on your help. Sorry for any inconvenience i cause in future. 
    Designing a hydrofoil and creating winglets can be a challenging task, especially if you are not familiar with the process.