Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Optimizing an unsupported screw hole for a 3D printed enclosure

mauronicmauronic Member Posts: 9
edited May 2015 in Community Support
I have a hole for an M3 screw and I simply ran a column from the top of my enclosure to the bottom. Obviously not ideal. I would like to model something that receives a short screw and then tapers at < 45 degree angle to the sides. This will save a little material, weight and reduce print time.

I am having a problem elegantly constraining the bit to the corner as well as tapering it. In other words, it's offset and too long now. I guess I could create a shape and do a 90 degree revolve but I am looking for ideas for the most elegant solution.

Hope this makes sense. I can share my drawing if that helps. Not sure if sharing publicly is view only.

pete

Answers