Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Having in the same Drawing, the choice for horizontal and/or vertical sheets formats

francois_bouletfrancois_boulet Member Posts: 65 EDU

I would like to have the possibility to create a Drawing template where, in the same format (Ex: A), while adding a new sheet you could choose from horizontal or vertical.
In other words; The possibility of having, in the same Drawing, horizontal and vertical sheets formats.

La simplicité est la sophistication suprême.
Léonard de Vinci

Comments

• Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    You can do this already if using the standard templates provided by Onshape. You just need to access the sheet properties by right clicking on the sheet.
    The template shown would be A (landscape), and under the pull-down there is an A (portrait). You would have to choose custom to get other sizes to be portrait.

Also, it doesn't seem possible to do this with user/company specific custom templates. Or I have mine set up in such a way it isn't possible. I'm going to upvote only because it would be nice to be able to choose from my custom templates in the size pull-down.
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 516
    @francois_boulet Can you show me what your two different sheets would look like?  I want to see exactly what you mean by horizontal or vertical.  
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited March 2019
    I think he means sheet1 is Portrait, sheet2 is landscape, etc..
  • francois_bouletfrancois_boulet Member Posts: 65 EDU
    Exactly.
    Sometimes we need to produce a set of plans in wich some sheets are Portrait and some are Landscape
    Léonard de Vinci
    @francois_boulet as @Cris_Bowers mentioned you can change the sheet sizes later to get Portrait or Landscape behavior.  What was not clear to me was if you had sheet formats where the titleblock is tipped on it's side and the text is written vertically rather than horizontally.  We don't support that case, just yet - but we will when you can swap sheet formats on a sheet...
    Are you working on swaping sheet formats on a sheet for user specific custom templates as well ?
    Léonard de Vinci
    @francois_boulet It's been highly requested and it's an improvement we intend to make.  No comments on when it will be available, as is our norm.  
    Thanks,
    Yes I know
    Léonard de Vinci