Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Project sketch onto surface feature

janos_horvathjanos_horvath Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
I'd like to request a handy tool to project sketches onto surfaces.
I know Onshape is not focusing on hardcore surfacing but in my opinion it is quite basic and a lot of users would love to be able to do more with projection.

Thank you in advance! :)

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    edited April 2019
    @janos_horvath We are focusing on adding tools to our surfacing and you can do some of this today with split face.  Are you wanting the end result to be a curve?

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I am going to move this out of the improvements and over to product feedback.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • janos_horvathjanos_horvath Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Thank you @lougallo!

By the way with your technique I managed to achieved what I wanted! :smile:

I have other improvement ideas. May I write you an E-mail? 

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    edited April 2019
    @janos_horvath

We actually have an Improvement Requests section of this forum specifically for sharing ideas.  You can submit them there (one idea per post please) and other users will read them and add votes to them if they agree that your idea should be implemented.

See the "Improvement Requests" link in the sidebar on the right ->
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Oops, I see that this post was originally there and then got moved, so you must know about that section already!  That is the best way to get in touch with us about this kind of stuff. 
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team