Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

comments, add picture to replies

Frank_OnlineFrank_Online Member Posts: 9 PRO
Comments with picture are a great way to communicate with suppliers about production issues. Right now I make a picture of the defect and add it to the surface of the part. Now my supplier wants to show a solution for this defect but cannot add a picture to the reply on my comment. Onshape can you please add this to function to the replies?

Comments

• Frank_OnlineFrank_Online Member Posts: 9 PRO
    Comments with picture are a great way to communicate with suppliers about production issues. Right now I make a picture of the defect and add it to the surface of the part. Now my supplier wants to show a solution for this defect but cannot add a picture to the reply on my comment. Onshape can you please add this to function to the replies?
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    You can use the image icon when creating a comment
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Frank_Online Thanks for the feedback.  Today we restrict this to keep the threaded replies to the image post.  We are looking at adding more to this in the future.  In order to streamline to nesting and make sure the images in replies do not detract from the main image, we have some design updates to deliver this.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 798 PRO
    lougallo said:
    @Frank_Online Thanks for the feedback.  Today we restrict this to keep the threaded replies to the image post.  We are looking at adding more to this in the future.  In order to streamline to nesting and make sure the images in replies do not detract from the main image, we have some design updates to deliver this.
    Maybe just show the image as a little clickable link?  I feel not being able to do it detracts more from the comments then having them there would.