Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape - May 14, 2015
lougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,786
edited May 2015 in New in Onshape
Update day is here and today we are launching our first loft tool to support of some advanced shapes for mechanical design. Also making the cut was ellipse, some improvements to the import/export/translation workflows and some additional zooming tools. We are also opening up the approvals so new users are now able to get into beta without any waiting!
- NEW Loft - our first iteration of blending multiple profiles to one another with support for guide curves and vertex matching.
- NEW Ellipse -A new sketch tool located under the circle dropdown.
- Normal to (n) now maintains zoom level and a new "Zoom to selection" shows in the context menu when items are selected.
- Commenting now has email notification with the option to opt-out
- Import/Download/Export/Translate workflows have been improved (more refinements coming....)
* Import now auto translates from within a document (for translatable file types)
* Part Studios and Assemblies -> Export (will translate and download in one step)
* Imported CAD data tabs -> Download/Export (select format -> auto downloaded) or Import (will translate to Onshape)
- Public document sharing modifications (to avoid accidental public sharing) - shows badge in the document header
- Share with Onshape support button
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.