Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Extrude Between Two Limits/Distances

MarkMark Member Posts: 2
Apologies if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find an answer to it.

Is there any way to extrude a sketch between two limits? i.e. +5mm to +8mm 

At present it only seems to extrude from 0mm to any distance you specify, but not between two limits. I am coming from a Unigraphics NX background where this is quite useful.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• 3dexter3dexter Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    Currently it is not possible in Onshape would be great to have this option in the future!
    I use a lot this option in SolidWorks.
  • MarkMark Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the replies, at least I will now stop looking for a hidden check box to try and do this! Move Face and Extrude Remove it will have to be!
  • abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    We have an open improvement for a second direction for both Extrude and Revolve.  I'll add all of you to it!
    Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    As well as a second direction, I'd eventually like to see extrude from an arbitrary start entity, including a face or surface, but more typically a plane remote from the sketch. 

Also I'd like to see extrude in an arbitrary (ie not necessarily orthogonal) direction. 

Both of these capabilities simplify the feature list as well as the workflow...