Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

beams 2.0

colin_mansoncolin_manson Member Posts: 2
Hi there 
             for some reason the custom profile giving an error it good last time i use it.
             invalid number (NaN) .
          I,m sure i do some wrong .
        also thank you to the person that made the script it great.
Tagged:

Comments

• Cris_BowersCris_Bowers Member Posts: 281 PRO
    @NeilCooke any ideas?
  • kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    Hi Colin,

There are plenty on this forum who can help diagnose the issue, but it will require posting a link to a public document. See the stickied forum post checklist for more info.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @NeilCooke any ideas?
    Works for me - I will have to wait to see the example.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited June 2019
    Mine did it too, but then i updated again to the latest version before even opening the feature., and the latest version fixed it again.  What ever it was it seemed to be on only one part studio. Hard to tell...
  • colin_mansoncolin_manson Member Posts: 2
    I delete the part studio and made a new one for the custom profile and it worked fine
    thank you john for the idea :)
    I didn't delete anything..  :o

I have another feature that is showing it is broke.
    I'll take a closer look this time
    edited June 2019
    Well, It isn't letting me edit anyways.  The profile is at least still being created, (it's the green extruded aluminum)
    Nothing is showing up in the debug window.
    Nothing much showing in mouseover tooltip

It looks like it is on V7

Updating to V8 fixes whatever happened.

I believe it was a different profile that broke last time too. On V6 and was fixed by updating to V7

Edit:
    I just did a selective update on this feature going back one version at a time, it breaks only on V7 it looks like.
    I'll test other profiles and see if I can find the other one that broke.

@john_mcclary I have to hold my hands up - you'll see the time difference between V6 and V7 is an hour. The moment I versioned the doc at V6, I realised I hadn't checked the new part naming code with custom profiles - hence V7. Really sorry for the inconvenience.
    @colin_manson - I found the cause for the NaN - profiles must be created on the top plane with Z pointing normal to the sketch. If you sketch on any other plane it will NaN. In the next release I will create a more meaningful error message. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Well v6 is working fine though. :)

and v7 is working fine in other part studios in the same document.
    Every profile on v7 in that part studio is showing the error. Even one that is literally just a circle.
    I'm just trying to give you some debug insight in case there is a deeper problem.
    I have no idea what that could be. I'm pretty sure I didn't touch any significant code.
    edited June 2019
    It must be something deeper.

I added a new beam feature to the bottom of the tree, and it was fine in every version.
    now those other features that were breaking are stable in every previous version, including 7...

It appears adding another feature to the tree was enough to fix the entire part studio...
    edited June 2019
    So, it does not appear to be only Beams that is the problem, because this happened each time you updated in the last day or so.

But at the same time, no other custom feature had any problems. (well they were not updated in the last day either..)

I don't have any other FSs that use document linking like beam profiles to test though
    OK keep me informed if it happens again.