Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

cannot add sketch fillet

darren_mason871darren_mason871 Member Posts: 35
I made this L shape out of lines. Then I selected a plane, tapped pencil, tapped sketch fillet, tapped a corner, and I got the error: cannot add sketch fillet. What do I need to do different?

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited June 2019
    Hi,
    First guess is you have a small part and the default fillet size is too large to regenerate. 
    If you post a link to the doc someone will be able to take a real look rather than taking a guess ;)
    Cheers, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,376
    The sketch fillet is failing because it defaults to 5mm in size. If your lines are shorter than that it will fail. On desktop you can click and drag a fillet to size. Embarrassingly, I can’t work out how to do it on mobile so I will ask someone who does. In the meantime, can you make your lines temporarily longer in order to add the fillet? You should also consider adding your fillet as a model feature after the sketch has been extruded. As a rule of thumb, only add fillets to a sketch if it is a functional requirement- if it’s just to break a sharp edge, add it as a model feature. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 693
    The description sounds as you are trying to add a sketch fillet in a sketch feature different from the one in which lines were sketched. It would only worked for the lines sketched in the same sketch.