Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

possibly a selection problem

darren_mason871darren_mason871 Member Posts: 35
On this 2 plane file I keep getting errors when trying to use the pipe custom feature. I also couldn't use the fillet tool or the 3D fillet custom feature. I've selected the plane I was working on. What am I missing? 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/1bf91551f50c911edd129814/w/a67780b926bd88be521bd95a/e/d081f73e4b4ecfcdddddfcf6

Answers

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭
    @darren_mason871

There’s a gap between the lines of your two sketches.

The USE TOOL allows you to join one sketch to another. So the idea is — while in Sketch 2, use the USE TOOL to locate the end of the line in Sketch 1 — you have already done this - you already have that point in Sketch 2.

And then while still in Sketch 2, draw your lines so that the horizontal line is attached to that point you made with that USE TOOL. You need to do this part in Sketch 2 because you drew the lines in Sketch 4 which is the wrong sketch. To EDIT Sketch 2 in order to make these changes, tap the vertical ellipsis to the right of the sketch name in the features list, and then select EDIT

Sketch 3 is a duplicate of Sketch 2, so delete Sketch 3

Delete Sketch 4

Also, in Sketch 1, the line that looks horizontal is actually not horizontal. So you may want to apply a horizontal constraint to that.

I made all the lines longer. You had everything pretty small and that might be why your Pipe Tool wasn’t working

I made the changes above and I applied the Pipe Tool. You could see it all in the document below

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e1bcff8e1baf243dc4533dd2/w/9cc5842314ebad0d605f8343/e/aab99ba1a4ad8e98369fd40a

• steve_shubinsteve_shubin Member Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭✭