Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way of restoring my public document inadvertently sent to trash?.

gerald_comeaugerald_comeau Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
I've lost an entire document containing a part studio which I put a lot work into. This morning I opened the document and made a new part studio. I then created several features in this new part studio which I then deleted not realizing it would delete the entire document. 

Comments

• michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    Go to the 'My Onshape' screen, on the left-hand side you will see 'Trash'. Go into there, find the trashed document, right-click and select 'restore'.

You are able to restore trashed documents for up to 30 days after you trashed them
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    If you deleted a Part Studio it does not delete the Document. You can only do that from the Documents page (then follow Michael's advice to restore). To get a Part Studio back in a Document, go to the Versions and History flyout (top left), find the entry where you deleted the Part Studio, right-click and select Restore.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • gerald_comeaugerald_comeau Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The document has "miraculously" been restored. I don"t know how it came back in my list of documents but there it is. I've opened it and all is OK. The only thing I can add is that I had tried to restore it by clicking the trash button where I found the document but a dialogue came up telling me the document could not be restored, but it has come back. Maybe there is some time allowance made. I went to trash withing a few minutes of mistakenly deleting it. 
  • gerald_comeaugerald_comeau Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    @NeilCooke @michael_mcclain - Thank-you.  I did as Michael said and did not immediately see the document on the documents page but it came back. I am a bit better informed now :) Whew!.  
  • alain_mazyalain_mazy Member Posts: 27
    Bad luck for me, it passed a month.. I have the STL on the other hand, but Onshape does not allow the re-edition of STLs
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Bad luck for me, it passed a month.. I have the STL on the other hand, but Onshape does not allow the re-edition of STLs
    You can still edit some things about mesh files, like cutting from them or adding to them, but it's definitely not as good as having the original
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl