Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is There a Way To Scale Plane Size With Sketch?

larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
I end up with these tiny little planes as the sketch scales up...

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Hi @larry_hawes - the planes stay at the default 150mm, but you can drag the corners to make them bigger. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @NeilCooke
    Could we have them auto-size to cover the whole part studio?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @MBartlett21 we could, but personally I found SolidWorks to be annoying when the part shrunk later and the planes still stayed huge! IR if you please...
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    edited August 2019
    :):D
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    NeilCooke said:
    Hi @larry_hawes - the planes stay at the default 150mm, but you can drag the corners to make them bigger. 
    Uh yeah I know, it's a PIA is all. And every new plane is 150 mm as well. OK just a little more effort, which of course goes counter to the purpose of a user interface, which should create tools that take less effort, but will deal with it...
  • larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    edited August 2019
    NeilCooke said:
    @MBartlett21 we could, but personally I found SolidWorks to be annoying when the part shrunk later and the planes still stayed huge! IR if you please...
    Never experienced having a part shrink later but I guess that would again take more effort to resize the planes...Seems they could default to the sketch size on that plane...

Curious Neil, are features driven by the personal desires and or experiences of the principals within the company? For example you "personally found SW to be annoying when the part shrunk later...." Does that make this feature request less likely to be implemented because of that/your personal experience?