Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Transfer account ownership to another user

caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
edited May 2015 in Account and subscriptions
Is it possible to transfer ownership of an Onshape account to another user (another email address)?

Dries
Tagged:

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    I would be good to be able to transfer the ownership of an organization in my account to another Onshape user.
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    The ability to add/change the email address of an account is something we are working on and could potentially be available in the next major update (I don't want to promise anything yet).  Are you looking to transfer an Onshape account to an existing user or give it to a new email address?
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • cyclonewadecyclonewade OS Professional, Mentor, Developers Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    Who doesn't love a MAJOR UPDATE?
    imagine.create.deliver
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Who doesn't love a MAJOR UPDATE?
    By major update I meant when new features are released.  And it seems like most of you do love when these updates go live.
    Jake Ramsley

@jakeramsley   I know what you meant, I was being facetious.  Major Updates are awesome!
    imagine.create.deliver
  • _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    If I set-up an Organization in my account with multiple documents. Then at some point I may wish to pass ownership to another Onshape account lets say my client or employers account.
    If I set-up an Organization in my account with multiple documents. Then at some point I may wish to pass ownership to another Onshape account lets say my client or employers account.
    Organizations aren't tied to an Onshape account.  You can already make multiple admins in an organization, who can then remove you from the organization/make you just a user for the organization.
    Jake Ramsley

• caradoncaradon OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 300 PRO
    edited May 2015
    The ability to add/change the email address of an account is something we are working on and could potentially be available in the next major update (I don't want to promise anything yet).  Are you looking to transfer an Onshape account to an existing user or give it to a new email address?
    I'm looking at transferring to an existing user.
    This would need to happen within 1 month...

Dries
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    @driesvervoort_caradon  Do you mean permanently change to another person or just temporary? 

@dave_petit  Do you mean that you would bounce the paid account to 'main' user which changes from time to time?

Why not just have shared email account?

What will happen to all the documents in the account that has been pro and changes to free; how do you select which 10 docs will remain available? 

@cyclonewade MAJOR updates are like christmas, sometimes I just explore the UI for changes - clicking everything like a 5 year old in toy shop before reading Lou's post about new features.
    ps. You really spotted the main point in jake's post ;)=)

//rami
    Major update sounds a lot like "A Christmas Story" and the major award.
    imagine.create.deliver