Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Wrong results from the Thicken function.

piero_petrosillopiero_petrosillo Member Posts: 2
Hi, I am recently using OnShape and I am appreciating its speed and ease of use. But there is a function that gives me wrong results: "Thicken".
I don't know if I'm using it badly, but I tried it in many ways without getting the desired result...

OnShape 1

OnShape 2

SolidWorks: this is the correct result

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,392
    Hi - Thicken offsets the entire surface, which includes the surface edges (projected normal to the edge/surface). Model the whole thing solid, then use Shell to get what you want.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    michał_1michał_1 Member, Developers Posts: 214 ✭✭✭
    @piero_petrosillo in SW you would get the same result if you would use Thicken command. Either you don't remember it correctly or someone else was making it.