Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to Pattern a Reconfigurable Pattern?

TrexationTrexation Member Posts: 1
I am making a tent shaped structure with a variety of vertical supports placed around a bottom circular support. 

I would like to select all of the parts from a configured circular pattern (with a varying number of parts) to be used in a separate linear pattern does anyone have a suggestion as to how to go about this? 

Thanks,
Trex

Answers

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    use "Feature pattern option" in the linear pattern, but creating part patterns in part studio is not a good practise
  • scott_willis165scott_willis165 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Why is creating part patterns in part studio not a good practice?  
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @scott_willis165 I should have said - it's not a good practice to create multiple copies of part and not to delete them later, it will cause problems in identifying original part when inserting in assembly or drawing and making a BOM