Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How can I thicken the wall thickness of a loft?

ProblemSolverProblemSolver Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
I've basically finished the design of the rear half of a model ship hull, and need to know how I can thicken up the wall thickness after using the Loft command. 

Here is the sketch https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c488960ecf1128282139c608/w/e527c37c24c68bae93d78257/e/d100bc14ac02c6e7abb97681

It's an interesting but frustrating problem, as the lower hull section goes from quite thick (at the keel end) down to nothing at the top of the lower hull section, this can be seen in the air gap that will be used to break the model apart for printing. When creating the upper hull loft I used the top and bottom shapes to get the Upper loft to work. However on the lower hull section I need to go from the front Bulkhead shape to the rear of the bottom hull in order to get the loft to follow the correct hull shape required. 

Just an afterthought do I need to create the loft as a solid block and then use the shell command with a 2mm thickness to give me the required thickness? 

I would greatly appreciate some ideas and any help on what I need to do. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    @ProblemSolver

I was curious as no one has commented yet.  Two things - Thanksgiving Holiday and your part studio is pretty complex.  It would help us understand if you could simplify the issue and document.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    loft solid then shell sounds right to me