Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Deterministic id disambiguation skipped but results not deleted: Error while using Instantiator.

Jacob_CorderJacob_Corder Member Posts: 126 PRO
I created a feature that has a drop down list for some items. I am building the Instances definition from this.  The derived parts are sketches with dimensions that change based on the form input. 

everything works great but i get the error
Deterministic id disambiguation skipped but results not deleted: FhNdhFXiMBKxxkw_1.instantiator.derived[85,0,1]
FhNdhFXiMBKxxkw_1 is the base feature id of the Feature being created.

I am not providing an identity Query.

here is an example of the println of the PartStudioData i am creating

{ buildFunction : <function 65> , configuration : { VALUE1: 2.0943951023931953 radian , VALUE2: 2.0943951023931953 radian , VALUE3: 0.075 meter , VALUE3: 0.001 meter , VALUE4: 0 radian , VALUE5: 0.008 meter , VALUE6: 0.088 meter , VALUE7: 0.001 meter , Symbol : DATUMTARGETTHS} , partQuery : { queryType : UNION , subqueries : [ { featureId : [ FKnET5lXAfMBpf7 ] , queryType : CREATED_BY } ] } }

Symbol was originally Configuration
Symbol : DATUMTARGETTHS must be the featurescript ID. 
Configuration was changed to Symbol

I hard coded featureId (FKnET5lXAfMBpf7 ) as this enables me to use a drop down instead of having to use the PartStudioData in the form. 
VALUEX aren't the actual value names, i replaced them as this feature is controlled by a client of mine. 

so with all of that, what do i do to eliminate this error: Deterministic id disambiguation skipped but results not deleted:

Sorry if i am not clear here. I cannot post the code nor share the file.

Comments

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,391
    I don’t know the answer but I bet it’s because you hard coded the feature id. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 695
    @Jacob_Corder
    This means that something we did not expect to survive the operation, survived. Can you please try creating an example which you could share with support and file a bug. This is not an error, but a warning, meaning that you should see the geometry changes you expect, but  internally something did not work quite the way we've expected.  Otherwise it is too hard to try and guess what might've gone wrong. One thing comes to mind, though.  It looks like you are using
    `partQuery`:qCreatedBy(newId("FKnET5lXAfMBpf7"))
      in the instantiator call. Could you try using qCreatedBy(newId("FKnET5lXAfMBpf7"), EntityType.BODY) instead?

• Options
    edited February 2020
    @NeilCooke

Is there another way to do it besides using PartStudioData? I don't want the users to have to do this every time. a simple drop down is much easier than searching through to find the correct part studio and getting the combination of created bodies. 

The featureID is the featureID in the source Part Studio. Its only purpose is to get the bodies (sketch entities) that were created by that featureId

Another purpose is so it is easy to create new ones by simply creating a sketch, then use that sketch again in the new Part.

I have shared the document with onshape support. 
    @lana I sent you a message with the link to the document. If i add NewID, it does not do anything differently. 

One more thing to add. I am not hard Coding the id as seen. i am using  makeId(SomeFeatureID)
  • Options
    Thank you Onshape for resolving this for me.

For anyone else reading this, the solution was to do this.

Instead of
    qCreatedBy(featureID, EntityType.BODY); 

do
    qBodyType(qCreatedBy(featureID, EntityType.BODY), BodyType.WIRE))