Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

PTC tech infusion?

Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
One of the stated pros of the acquisition was that PTC could inject a lot of their mature tech into Onshape to accelerate the expansion of tools. Is there any official public list of what these things are? I'd personally get a lot out of native freeform surface modeling, and leveling up all of the surfacing tools in general, and native FEA tools. I know there are app store solutions for some of these things.
Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl

Comments

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @Evan_Reese

Sine the merge, we have been working very closely with our new peer teams to find awesome new ways for them to use our technologies and for us to use theirs.  I don't think we're going to be able to give any specifics about this kind of stuff, and I apologize about that because the questions you're asking are definitely good ones.  Rest assured that we are evaluating the new technological opportunities, prioritizing which ones to tackle first, and diving in. We're looking forward to delivering some awesome stuff!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,060 PRO
    Thanks, Jake, I want you to know that I much prefer it done right than done soon. I'm sure it's hard to keep improving, while also fighting software bloat, but fight you must. Looking forward to future updates!
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl