Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Oops, I deleted the Assembly upon which an In-Context Part Studio is based

Ethan_LabowitzEthan_Labowitz Member Posts: 1
So I have a In-context PS based on an Assembly "full assy". I deleted "full assy", but didn't realize I'd done it, and by the time I noticed I had, I had made a bunch of edits to a bunch of parts.
Now I can't update my PS--when I try to, I get an error saying "Context assembly is deleted. In-context features have not been updated." or "Can't open tab. The tab does not exist in this document workspace."
I don't want to "rewind" the history to before I deleted "full assy" because then I'll lose all the edits I made after its deletion.

Is there a way to undo a History entry, i.e. just deleting one line of History, not doing a "Restore to Main"?

I would be happy to re-create the deleted Assembly, but once I do, is there any way i could I re-assign the In-context Part Studio's Assembly Context? Otherwise, I think I'd have to remodel the Assembly as well as every part I modeled in my In-Context Part Studio.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,883 PRO
    Create a version where your assembly was.
    Then make a branch.
    then merge to get your assembly back. 
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    Create a version where your assembly was.
    Then make a branch.
    then merge to get your assembly back. 
    Not quite:
    1. Insert a version at the point when assembly was deleted and create a branch

2. In the new branch restore the state before deletion

3. Merge new branch into master