Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Linked Document Icon

Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
According to the change log, 1.110, one line states: "Update recursive linked document update icons to use version icons, not link icons." Since it has been used, I don't understand why the change. There are merits for them being different, rather than the same, because if you use a version of a part within its own document, it'll use the version symbol. If the part was outside of the document, it'd use the linked symbol. While in hindsight the linked symbol would be more prevalent, there is still a difference between them. I just don't understand why the need to make them the same.

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael_CoffeeMichael_Coffee Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have an opinion? It's been about a month.
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Not really, To me it doesn't matter if the object is in the current document or another document. If I see a version Icon I just understand it is a protected part. meaning it won't be updating in the current workspace.
  • Edgar_PerezEdgar_Perez Member Posts: 4 PRO
    Please update the training material to be consistent with the current version of the program. For example, the slide 5 of the "Linked Document / Exercise: Using Linked Documents" is still talking about the link icon. The training material or learning pathways are great but sometimes it might create confusion when you are following along the exercises and things are little different compare with your actual screen. I agree with the update though.