Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Avoid Area in PCB Drawing

steve_thronesteve_throne Member Posts: 7 PRO
I'm trying to create an area to avoid in a PCB drawing.  Quite simply, 0.250" from an edge where the layout person knows not to put traces for the PCB Fab.  There's no feature to dimension or way to grab that area in the drawing (not a sketch or part studio, only in the drawing).  Any ideas on how to do this?

Comments

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Can’t be done in a drawing alone - create a sketch in the part studio and add that to the drawing view (right-click the view > show sketches). 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    @steve_throne I've answered this in your ticket.  To everyone reading this here, we don't yet have a sketched region tool in drawings that would be used for a keepout designation.  In Steve's case for today I made a sketch in his part studio for that keep out area and then showed that sketch in the drawing view.

Bonus tip:  I personally like setting the drawing properties for construction geometry, to be different from model edges (default Black)

• steve_thronesteve_throne Member Posts: 7 PRO
    Worked perfectly, thanks!