Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

add the suppression of folders

sergei_nesterovsergei_nesterov Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
It would be nice to add the suppression of the folders. You can suppress every item in a folder, but for some reason, you can't suppress them altogether. I know that you can select multiple items using Shift+LMB, but it's a few extra moves.
Tagged:

Comments

• lynn_yarbroughlynn_yarbrough Member Posts: 3
    Agreed! Also, it would be wonderful to be able to suppress/unsuppress a folder from a configuration table. Of course, you can suppress each feature in the configuration table, but if the features designing an entire part were in one folder, you could create the entire part (or not) with one simple check.
  • robert_stilesrobert_stiles Member Posts: 89 PRO
    +1 on this please - because if it was configurable, it will enable features to be supressed in 2 separate configurations maybe?
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    RMB suppress would nice, I think there's a IR for this.

Seems like a logical thing to suppress/unsuppress a folder.

• Alwyn_AllanAlwyn_Allan Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    I came here to suggest the same thing. Could be simple to implement and very useful. With a client looking over my shoulder, it's awkward to Shift-LMB and then again to reverse it.
  • glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I have been using folders for mates as soon as they were made available in a configured assembly. Extremely nice to only have one folder suppress in the configurations instead of many mates. Worth an extra mate or 2 in a folder instead of trying to figure long suppression lists in the configuration.