Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

EXPORT ASSEMBLY IN POSITION AND AS ONE PART

So I made an assembly of a "sphere" made out of pentagons and hexagons by mating their faces but when I try to export the assembly (as STP or parasolid) all the parts are separated and in their original position (not mated). The only way I found to keep the assembly arrangement is to export it as STL but I need this part as a solid to modify it.

I know there is a derived feature and I could translate each part to the right position and then unite it (boolean). The problem is there are a lot of different parts and it would be a pain in the neck to place mate connectors to each part individually.

Is there a way to export an assembly (as STEP or parasolid) as one part in the assembly position?

Answers